Hello there, I know it’s been awhile since I’ve updated this and a few people thought the project was dead (I don’t know why, but they did lol). Here’s a quick update of what has happened over the last few months. Most of the work has been done by the other member of Venice Unleashed NoFaTe!
- Fixed a crash that would occur due to plugins without UI’s being added as UI elements.
- Fixed various threading issues and collection changed issues due to the asynchronous nature of Rime.
- Fixed a ton of issues dealing with the UI and how they interface with plugins.
- Updated WebLink security (cross communication to modders link to prepare for the community)
- Updated the BinaryReader/Writer with more efficient versions.
- Removal of a lot of deprecated, unused, commented out code.
- Deprecated all previous (semi-functional) mounting code (due to the new readers/virtual file system).
- Moved a TON of shared code (used between Lib/Rime itself) to the RimeCommon and restructured it.
- Moved a TON of Frostbite specific utilities and classes to RimeLib.
- Refactored the plugin system again (Will have to update the RimeExamplePlugin github soon).
- Refactored the handling for Frostbite Guid class.
- Added the ability to auto-start certain plugins on launch
- Added all available plugins to be launched from a menu if you are unsure how to launch them (only ones with UI).
- Added auto-detection of game builds and information.
- Added BuildInfoProxy for x86 and x64 versions of Frostbite to read out the engine’s build info natively.
- Added detection for Frostbite2014.4 (Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Trial).
- Implemented a new Virtual File System.
- Loading of patch files and patched superbundles completed.
- Added Rime to a CI solution to prepare for testing builds for those who have already been selected for testing.