Just a few updates. As read in my previous post, security is something I take very seriously as a developer, and I was going to allow plugins to run unrestricted until the beta. Luckily with enough debugging and trial and error, I finally got proper locked down sandboxed plugins that can be loaded from any directory! With that being said as well, I have resolved issues with the internal messaging structure for Rime as well as changed the way that plugins function. I also will be updating the example plugin git repository.
- Overhauled and fixed internal communication of all parts of Rime
- Fixed loading of plugins
- Implemented plugin security sandbox
- Cleanup of old code, refactored entire plugin system
- Removal of SharpDX and all DirectX 11 related mesh rendering
- Removal of IPlugin interface.
- Moved all plugin logic and abstract classes to a common module (RimeCommon)
- Moved most message logic and listeners to a common module.
- Setup an OpenGL based renderer to replace SharpDX. Proof of concept finished.
Also I’m moving, so there may not be any work done until I find a place to live. Peace.